FILTER YOUR TAP WATER
DRINKING WATER IN MISSISSAUGA AND BRAMPTON
The water that is delivered to our homes in Brampton and Mississauga is of good quality and taste.
It's processing and delivery to consumers, that is us, is under constant supervision by Ontario's governing bodies.
This water comes to us from Lake Ontario and is heavily chlorinated.
The chlorine added to water serves an important function.
Chlorine is a very strong chemical which eliminates (kills) any forms of bacteria, which may invade the water supply system including water piping systems and fixtures
(i.e. toilets) inside of our homes.
REASONS FOR WATER FILTRATION
- Elimination of chlorine, the benefits of which end once it reaches our taps or toilets. Consuming chlorine is not beneficial to our health. You can find plenty of information on this topic online.
- Protecting the environment. Using a filter in the house eliminates the need for bottled water and therefore reduces waste.
- Confidence in the source of our water.
HOW TO SELECT A FILTER
- The filter should remove chlorine and other harmful elements, but leave calcium and magnesium content in the water. Drinking water is an important source of calcium and magnesium for our bodies.
- In our view, the best filters are the ones that are installed at the kitchen faucet (drinking water) and in the shower. Filters installed in the shower remove chlorine, which gets absorbed through the skin, as well as inhaled during bathing.
Basement Waterproofing in Mississauga and Brampton by Licensed Plumbers.